Say their names – George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, Tony McDade, Rayshard Brooks, and thousands of others…RSN joins with Black Americans, organizations, and millions of others around the world in proclaiming Black Lives Matter!
As a committed community force against the manifestation of injustice we pledge to be part of the growing movement for fundamental change. We acknowledge that the path forward is unclear, yet we will learn and hold ourselves accountable by committing to:
- Valuing the voices of persons of color and other marginalized individuals, including the youth we serve, within RSN.
- Advocating to redirect funding from discriminatory and punitive school (e.g. School Resource Officers) practices toward community-based restorative mental health services and innovative programs for youth, such as mentorship programs and restorative justice.
- Providing a space for the necessary conversations about white supremacy, systemic racism, and the experiences of marginalized individuals.
- Confronting the racial injustices as experienced by those we serve.
In Solidarity –
Reintegration Support Network Board of Directors and Staff
Inform Yourself and Get Involved
- National Lawyers Guild Mass Defense Program
- Black Lives Matter
- Colin Kaepernick’s Know Your Rights Legal Defense Initiative
- The Bail Project
- Next Level Boys Academy
- Color of Change
- Poor People’s Campaign
- Fair Fight Action
- WHITE PRIVILEGE
- Anti-racism resources for white people
- Resources for White Allies
- White parents must confront racism by teaching kids how to be antiracist
- 75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice